Friday, February 02, 2007

Will People Buy Kevin Federline's Self-Parody?

Can Kevin Federline do self-parody?

I thought the self-parody that Vanilla Ice did was pure brilliance. Then I realized that it wasn't him, it was Jim Carey. It was still pretty good, but it was too easy.

Parody is easier than self-parody because once you get people laughing with parody, you are a success. With self-parody once the people start laughing it gets harder. It takes a really tough person to do self-parody. People like Mr. T and the Hoff have what it takes. Vanilla Ice guested on a Worst Of Special on MTV an reportedly lost it and damaged the set. He could not handle being made fun of. The quote my teenage son, "Sucks to be you."

I hope you guys appreciate what I do, I am now song tagged with Ice Ice Baby. AHHHH!!!

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker