Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Change Happens

When life throws changes at you, one of the many things you may have to take care of as a consequence is your mobile phone plan.Wirefly can help you find the most suitable plan for your lifestyle and budget. A big change I faced recently was moving so far away that my phone plan was no good to me anymore. It was a bummer, and I was stuck with paying out the rest of the contract. They say 'once bitten, twice shy' and for me that means I like to stick to pay as you go for now. But I really am settling in, and when I use up what I have for service, I might consider changing my plan yet again.

I am thinking that a family plan might be a good idea, but I need to do some research and try to anticipate what my families phone needs will be in the short term. Right now we have two pay as you go phones, one serves as a mobile number for home and work and the other is for errands and for the kids to take with them occasionally.

Wirefly represents pretty much all of the major service providers and they have built a lot of comparison tools into their site. They have a sidebar with the featured deals offered by these six companies:

* Alltel
* Cingular Wireless
* Nextel
* Sprint
* T-Mobile
* Verizon Wireless

You can also link to full pages of plans for each carrier. The pages are in table form and include ratings from a trusted third party, J.D. Power and Associates.

Wirefly also has a convenient wireless wizard tool to help you pick the ideal plan.

I had a habit last month of righting a blurb about whatever certification a site that I was reviewing might have. Wirefly has seven badges on their footer, I guess they really want people to know how trusted and professional they are. I like BizRate as a way to be sure that a business has good customer satisfaction.

Something to keep in mind is that some of these deals may be better than what you might be offered as a walk-in customer of one of these providers because at Wirefly the competition is right there beside them.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker