Tuesday, February 13, 2007

How To Report Britney Spears' Behavior Without Bias

Here's what I get about bias, from an unbiased source:
Any tendency to favour a certain set of values naturally leads to an uneven dispensation of judgment.

I think that's what we have going on with the reporting about Britney Spears nighttime antics. I don't have any first or second hand knowledge of how events transpired, but I saw one reference to stripping and upon careful examination of the details I would have more accurately described it as changing clothes.

And as for the constant references to passing out, the way I see it is that wealthy, famous people don't have to worry about being able to drive or even walk at the end of an evening. Britney has people watching out for her personal safety, making sure she doesn't leave anything behind, keeping people who would take undue advantage of her at bay. She can stay at a club until she falls asleep and there is no consequence beyond bad press, and I guess her babies don't have a conscious mother until mid afternoon.

And as far as the insinuation about homosexual behavior, I reconciled myself to the sexual politics of girls dancing with each other when I was eleven.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker