Thursday, March 08, 2007

News About Smartphones

I have a confession to make. I am a total Luddite when it comes to text messaging. If I wanted to break up with Kevin Federline while he was on Canadian television, I would have to resort to actually talking to him.

I tried to send a text message once. I was on the bus, stuck in traffic and I didn't have enough credit left on my cheap pay as you go phone to make a voice call. It turned out that I didn't have enough for a text message either but I had spent about five minutes figuring out how to key in a message.

Maybe the increasing popularity of smartphones, you know, those ones with buttons with actual letters on them, maybe that will bring the prices down. Maybe then I will get into text messaging.

The top 5 smartphones according to Wirefly are Cingular BlackJack, BlackBerry Pearl (for Cingular and T-Mobile), 8700 series (for Cingular, T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon), Cingular BlackBerry 8800 and the Motorola Q for Verizon Wireless.

The Blackberries have it going on with name recognition, but people can be easily distracted by shiny things, hence all the stiff competition.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker