Monday, March 19, 2007

Fancy Disco Hairstyles are Optional



I do a fair amount of research into how celebrities live their lives. I am hardly ever truly surprised by anything that I read. One thing that I have noticed time after time is that celebrities who are in a band and who have all kinds of musicians as friends will almost always get a DJ rather than a Live Band for their wedding receptions.

And who can blame them? With a competent DJ, you get the best music and the organizers of your event only have one personality to deal with. If you are someone who organizes events as a profession, or especially if you are doing it for yourself the Disco Genie Entertainment Resource can help make one of your many decisions a lot easier. The site has a wide range of resources for DJ's and aspiring DJ's as well.

I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but at some point I began to empathize with DJ's instead of criticizing them. Reading a crowd and playing music for them is hard work. I looked at the Disco Genie site and found some lists of standby crowd pleasers. They are not my favorites but I can remeber being in a crowd full of smiling people when a DJ would spin these Pop tracks:
* Britney Spears - One more time
* S-club 7 - Reach
* Kylie - Spinning around and Cant get you out of my head
* Shania Twain - that don't impress me much
* DJ Otzi - hay baby
* Ricky Martin - She bangs* DJ Casper - Cha cha slide
* Wigfield - Saturday night
* Village people - YMCA
* Los del Rio - Macarena

My apologies to anyone that I may have song tagged by publishing these titles.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker