Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hotel Reservations Recomended



I am going to write down the different reasons that I have had for staying in hotels in no particular order. I guess it is going to be roughly in chronological order.

As a child, I used to attend a large agricultural competition that moved from one town to another every year. On years where it was very far from home, we would sometimes get a cheap hotel room for the weekend. I think the first time I ever had delivery pizza was during the Provincial 4H Show. I was amazed, it had pineapple on it. I think my parents made reservations over the phone well in advance. You have to make reservations if you are going to a yearly event in a small town.

When I was in my late teens, I was on a sports exchange with another school. I was billeted with a host family, but I ended up in a hotel one night after a school dance. I slept on the floor. I don't know who rented the room. I think I pitched in.

When I went to get a license for a job back in my twenties, the company paid for a hotel room for the two weeks. They got a really cheap hotel, but they were paying for my food too. Steak gets boring after a while.

I have had planned and unplanned hotel stays for romantic purposes. I have spent most of my life living quite far away from big city nightlife, but I enjoy participating in it every couple of years. I have gotten lucky with finding a hotel on the spur of the moment a few times, if not on price, at least I got a nice room.

There have been times when the rooms were not nice. When that happens, the only course of action I usually take is to stay out as late as possible and then checkout as soon as we are conscious. Using a website like HotelReservations.com to make Hotel Reservations can help you avoid unpleasant mistakes and it can also save you money. I like the different ways that you can organize your search results. I always go from the cheapest on up.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker