Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Stream of Unconsciousness

I think I fall into a trap of thinking that I know Britney Spears. The young woman has a public image that is partly orchestrated by a staff of people and partly the result of Britney's life decisions and random acts. When she uses the excuse that she is country to explain what is considered child endangerment by some people, part of me understands and sympathizes because I am country too. But then I realize that she started living in places like New York and LA before she even hit puberty. She is less county than me and I have the cognizance to keep in line with social norms in an suburban setting. The recent famous pictures, which by the way you will NEVER see on this site, I think too much of a big deal as made of them. Basically we have to assume that it was a display aimed at getting lots of attention. It worked. The best thing that morally outraged people can do is ignore it. I can only assume that some of them did. I saw a commment from a male somewhere that he was very disappointed. Did he think that Britney's genitalia would be somehow different than what regular nonfamous women have? I can't end this post on that topic, so I need to mention that Britney Spears is a musical performer. There is some chance that she will rise to the occasion with some good recorded material soon. I think the lack of product is partly intensifying the attention paid to her personal life.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker