Monday, May 21, 2007

Sorting Through Credit Card Offers

I get quite a few unsolicited credit card offers. I can only imagine how many offers come to someone who is more enthusiastic about buying stuff.

I got my first credit card before the deluge of unsolicited mail started arriving. I don't know if my financial activities somehow triggered all the credit card offers or if everybody is getting them now. I actually have all that stuff coming to a post office box that my mother-in-law checks for us. She has a wood stove at her house so she doesn't mind all the extra mail.

So if you are younger than me and you don't already have a few cards, you might be wondering what you need to know before applying for a card. CardGuide.co.uk has some helpful articles including one that has some tips to consider before applying for a credit card. Here is the list, the article links to details about each item. You need to worry about Introductory Rate, Balance Transfers, Annual membership fees, Statement period & interest free loans, APR, Minimum monthly repayments and also Loyalty Programmes.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker