Thursday, April 05, 2007

Vote For The Worst

There is now a web awards site that is a sort of parallel to the People's Choice Awards. It is called the Blogger's Choice Awards. I think the fact that you have to sign up to nominate and vote is going to prevent the thing from taking off in a big way right out of the gate. But I can understand the restriction given the current season of American Idol. The Vote For The Worst movement seems to be having more of an influence on the show.

With this blogging awards thing, members can nominate and vote for any blogs including their own. I put one of my blogs in the Worst Blog Of All Time category. I also voted for it. I don't really think my blog is the worst. Go take a look at the nominees and decide for yourselves.

I think the best way to draw attention to the awards may be to nominate big names in the Best Celebrity Blog category and then put the word out to fans of that celebrity.

I wish Britney Spears had a blog. Actually, that would be an awesome way for her to re-enter the public eye in a controlled and deliberate way. She could probably compete in the Hottest Mommy Blogger category as well. She might not win, bloggers are a very HOT bunch of people.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker