Wednesday, April 11, 2007

HDMI for Dummies

Ok, for all I know, I might be the only dummy.

I guess I chose that title because I have the feeling that there are people who would love the advantages of High-Definition Multimedia Interface but they don't have a clue what it is. So I am going to start out with the basics.

HDMI is technology that provides you with an interface between compatible digital audio/video sources. If your toys include a DVD player, a PC, a video game console, or an AV receiver you can use HDMI to connect them to a compatible digital audio or video monitor, such as a digital television. New HDTV camcorders and even high-end digital still cameras are designed to work with HDMI.

Something you may not realize that you need is an HDMI Switch. TCA has a switch that lets you connect multiple HDMI appliances to one monitor.

Our electronic toys are pretty outdated. I am still dealing with RCA style inputs, I unplug them to switch from the DVD player to the game console. This must be this centuries version of having an 8 Track Player. TCA's HDMI switch has a remote for switching from one port to another.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker