Sunday, July 22, 2007

Provincetown Live!

I like to pick Mayflowers for my mother in the spring when I can. I occasionally think about the ship of the same name that brought people to a new world and a new way of life hundreds of years ago. My mother is very keen on geneology and, if I am not mistaken she has traced one line back to the Mayflower. The bulk of my ancestors left England much later and settled in New England and Canada.

Provincetown is the landing place of the Mayflower. And it is a vibrant community today. Its past, present and future find a voice on the website ProvincetownLive.net.

Provincetown is a popular gay vacation destination. I personally did not know that until I went to ProvincetownLive.net. One of the bars has a revue or some such thing called The Bare Naked Lads. I once saw a drag king lip syncing the BNL. That was um, interesting. I'm not gay myself but I kind of enjoy going to areas that cater to the gay community because they tend to be accepting and open in a broader sense as well. If you on a road trip on the eastern seaboard, you can access all the dining, entertainment and accomodation info with your mobile phone at http://ptownlive.net.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker