Friday, June 15, 2007

Live and Learn

Not too many years ago, I had the opinion that I had learned all that I needed to know about math. I could do everything that I needed to do in my life and work with the knowledge and skills that I received in schools and also through experience.

I have recently had a big wake up call, and it is coming from my kids. I have two that are 13 and one that is 15. Sometimes they ask me for help with their math homework and I simply don't understand it. The 15 year old has a math tutor and she has difficulty with the way math is being taught in the schools today. The Math Tutors at SCORE Learning Centers have programs for kids aged 4 to 14 that reflect the way math is being taught now. They can help your kids get good grades. I was researching some education issues online and I found some fraught meeting minutes involving parents that were really upset about how their kids were being taught math at school. SCORE was actually mentioned in the text because many of the concerned parents were sending their kids to SCORE because they felt that the public school curriculum was inadequate.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker